Thursday, April 29, 2010
Monday, August 31, 2009
Other suggested times for defragging are:
- You've added a large number of files to your computer recently.
- Your free disk space totals 15 percent or less.
- You've installed new programs or a new version of Windows.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Some people find the Apple mouse difficult to use. That's ok, there are alternatives out there. Instead of continuing to frustrate yourself, try plugging in a USB mouse that you prefer into your computer. Most USB mice work on Apple computers. Yes, that includes Microsoft mice, too.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
Why should you care if your website is senior friendly and accessible?
- Studies show seniors are online just as much as any other age group.
- Seniors have the largest discretionary income.
- Seniors are in need of many different services and products.
- Marketers now see seniors as a separate focus group after realizing that senior’s special interest & activities are very varied.
- There is now a worldwide precedent (Maguire vs SOCOG) that websites can be and are illegal if they are not accessible.
How can you provide a Senior Friendly Website?
As the seniors population continues to grow so will the number of persons with disabilities. Adopt the W3C standards before you miss out on future clients.
This article can be found in the Chamber of Commerce's Business Matters Magazine Vol. 5 Issue 4
Monday, July 6, 2009
Friday, July 3, 2009
Do you currently use Adobe Reader and Acrobat when you view PDF files? If so, you should know that Adobe Reader, Acrobat and all supported versions have a security flaw with no fix at this present time. Computer Tutor For Seniors recommends that you follow the steps below to protect yourself against these vulnerabilities until Adobe announces a fix.
- Open Acrobat Reader application.
- Click once on the Edit button.
- Click once on the Preferences button from the drop down menu.
Check back with us as we will post a link to the Adobe fix once it is made available.